Lead Dentist / Area Dental Director
Here at Kool Smiles, our teams don't just shape smiles -- they shape the lives of families every single day. We are the nation's leader in general dental care to underserved kids, teens, and adults. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day.
Kool Smiles is looking for an Area Dental Director ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Kool Smiles is more than just a job. Kool Smiles is not your typical dentist office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Area Dental Director is responsible for the day to day management and function of all clinical activities of the assigned area which include recruitment, selection, hiring, training, and evaluation of all clinical oriented staff. This position is responsible for the assimilation and smooth operation of productive dental teams. In conjunction with other leaders, this position is responsible for the management and supervision of personnel, client/patient relations and satisfaction, and serving as a role model for clinical leadership/staff. This position reports to the Managing Dental Director. This position has direct P&L responsibility for all regional operations. All Dentists in the area will report directly to the Area Dental Director.
The Area Dental Director is responsible for providing high-quality dental care to our patients.
• Ensure the dental office delivers quality and compassionate dental care to every patient
• rovide leadership and direction to dental assistants and dental hygienists in all areas of patient treatment
• Diagnose dental conditions and plan oral health care in consultation with patients
• Ensure treatment plan is reviewed with each parent and informed consent is granted for treatments rendered
• Provide great customer service by offering same day care and ensuring parent / patient satisfaction
• Educate patients and parents about improving oral health care
• Appropriately administer dental anesthesia to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures
• Effectively and safely administer behavior management techniques to enable delivery of dental care to pre-cooperative and uncooperative children
• Perform appropriate percentage of office hygiene checks and develop treatment plans for patients consistent with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Guidelines
• Repair decayed and broken teeth by placement of various restoration techniques and materials and when necessary, extract teeth
• Refer patients to dental specialists for further treatment, when appropriate
• Adhere to all federal and government regulations, including the state dental board rules and regulations, HIPPA and OSHA regulations
• Adhere to Kool Smiles Quality Assurance Metrics as indicated in the New Dentist Orientation Manual
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure training and development of staff by identifying training needs and establishing initiatives to meet company/individual objectives
• Conduct behavior in a manner that is professional and courteous to all patients, parents, and office staff at all times
• Consistently portray a positive working attitude that fosters a pleasant work environment
• Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, board member meetings and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Kool Smiles
• Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
DDS/DMD from a dental education program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• Must love working with children
• Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
• Integrity, always doing the right thing
• Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to organize work and engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously
• High degree of initiative, accountability and independent judgment
• Professional manner and appearance at all times
• Computer skills: computer literate
Certifications, Licenses, registrations
• A current, valid license to practice dentistry in the state where providing patient care (License must be in good standing)
• Malpractice insurance (in place before start date)
• CPR Certification (current before start date)
• NPI provider number (in place before start date)
• DEA number (application submitted before start date)
• Other certifications as required by the state
Experience in the provision of dental care to children. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of management experience preferably with a multi-site dental practice. Must have experience managing other dentists and staff.
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak patient periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs. This position will require approximately 70% chair time and 30% leadership time within the designated area. Travel within the region is required. Candidates must be willing to live within the region they will be managing.
Compensation includes guaranteed salary and bonus potential based on individual and area performance.
Our Full-Time dentists receive a very competitive benefits package that includes:
• 401k plan with company match
• Outstanding benefits, including paid time off
• Excellent training, education and advancement opportunities
• Visa and permanent residency sponsorship with covered legal fees
• No practice management expenses and headaches -- we take care of it!
Kool Smiles Dentists find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at their job. Do you?
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Refer a dentist and earn up to $5,000!
Kool Smiles is always seeking out new talent, especially those who strive to make a difference in the lives of families. Do you know a dentist who would be a great fit for our team?REFER A DENTIST TODAY!