Expanded Services Patient Coordinator
The Expanded Services Patient Coordinator is a fulltime position and reports directly to the corresponding expanded services program coordinator.
The Expanded Services Patient Coordinator (XSPC) is responsible for all patient scheduling and managing the schedules of our expanded services doctors. The XSPC is also responsible for submitting insurance pre-authorizations and verifying insurance eligibility in addition to confirming XS appointments and collecting payments for treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedule all XS appointments (consults, treatment, and follow-ups)
- Ensure service limits are recorded and communicated with the clinical team prior to treating the patient for all XS appointments
- High interactions with all doctors in the offices to build and maintain effective XS schedules
- Focus on greeting XS parents and patients when they enter or leave the office personalizing their experience as much as possible
- Ensure parents who are waiting for an XS appt are kept informed of the progress of their appointment or child
- Verify XS patient insurance eligibility prior to appointment and ensure information is correct in the patient's Boomerang file
- Ensure all XS patient files are ready (pull file, update patient record, verify insurance and service limits) before the patient's appointment
- Assist with meeting office financial targets by ensuring the XS schedules are full
- Ensure all XS pre-approvals are complete prior to the patients date of service
- Responsible for informing patients of their financial responsibilities
- Collecting and posting of all XS payments
- Ensure our XS patients are receiving the dental care they need by making outbound calls to confirm patients, to reschedule patients that do not make their appointment, and to call patients that have treatment that needs to be completed
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audit all XS charts to ensure proper documentation uploaded into the patients electronic chart
- Responsible for ensuring all patients H&P's received prior to date of treatment (GA only)
- Acts as a liaison between the hospital and the patient in regard to scheduling (GA only)
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
- Attention to detail
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: Microsoft office and Internet Explorer
- Telephone skills: Proper telephone etiquette and information gathering skills
- One year office experience in a dentist's or physician's office
- Experience with children's dentistry
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents and staff. Ability to operate a computer, keyboard and standard office equipment. Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs, and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
Refer a dentist and earn up to $5,000!
Kool Smiles is always seeking out new talent, especially those who strive to make a difference in the lives of families. Do you know a dentist who would be a great fit for our team?REFER A DENTIST TODAY!