Community Health Educator
Area Business Leader
The Community Health Educator (CHE is responsible for leading the Company's community outreach efforts through the execution of oral health education to improve the overall health, well being and smiles in their communities. The CHE serves as a liaison between families in need and community, social service, educational and health service providers while delivering the company's vision, mission and values throughout the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Referrals (25%)
- Presentations (35%)
- Screenings (5%)
- Community Events (10%)
- Community Agency Alliance (25%)
- Office time to schedule daily leads
- Develop and execute monthly outreach plans
- Promote awareness of oral health issues by the developing and cultivating relationships with community agencies, school systems, healthcare disciplines, non profit organizations and Chambers of Commerce
- Serve as a liaison between needy families and oral health service providers;
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key community leaders as well as appointed and elected officials
- Work with staff in Kool Smiles offices to encourage community involvement
- Assist in the execution of Public Relations activities, including grand openings and family fun days at the office
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Experience and comfort in public speaking
- Experience in cold calling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills -- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with Medicaid system and its population is a bonus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, accountability and independent judgment
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must be comfortable working directly in underserved communities
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office programs
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in the community. Weekly travel required to off-site locations in completing work requirements, attending meetings or events.Requires some nights and weekend availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet business needs.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Benevis. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
Refer a dentist and earn up to $5,000!
Kool Smiles is always seeking out new talent, especially those who strive to make a difference in the lives of families. Do you know a dentist who would be a great fit for our team?REFER A DENTIST TODAY!