Orthodontic Treatment Coordinator
Our teams don't just shape smiles -- they shape the lives of families every single day. Working with us means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with a child. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Orthodontic Treatment Coordinators (OTC) are a valued member of the travelling Orthodontic teams. The primary responsibilities of the OTC are to spend time with patients seeking Orthodontic care and answer questions related to planned treatment and corresponding fees. Someone who is responsible to ensure that patients leave well informed, with all their questions answered about treatment and related insurance coverage and patient share of fees. The OTC will ensure that patients receive a great experience and understand fully the treatment diagnosed by the Orthodontist, and the associated fees. They will serve as the financial and insurance benefit expert to obtain a high percentage of treatment acceptance from our patients.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Presenting Orthodontic treatment plans and giving estimates of treatment costs in an effective manner
• Educating and discussing the Orthodontist's treatment plan after diagnosed and reviewed by the clinical staff with the patient
• Collections tracking and monitoring, and any required patient follow-up
• Explain, promoting, and adhering to company payment policies and procedures
• Obtaining high treatment acceptance by explaining cost of treatment, insurance coverage, and finance options
• Solicit referrals from patients post treatment while at the same time tracking satisfaction with work provided
• Contact patients/guarantors the day prior or the day of the appointment regarding fees due and to confirm the appointment
• Other duties, as they would benefit the support of the Orthodontist
Prime candidates must have the following:
• High level knowledge of Orthodontics and associated treatment planning
• Understand and have the ability to effectively communicate techniques utilized in the Orthodontic field
• Have a detailed knowledge of dental insurances, service limits, PPO, Self Pay collections, and financing options
• Customer service or sales experience, along with dental knowledge preferred
• The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and must possess mastery of the English language.
• A minimum of 1-3 years working experience as an Orthodontic Treatment Coordinator in another practice is required.
• Bilingual English-Spanish is a plus.
Advanced - Communication skills, English, grammatical proficiency.
Intermediate -- Dental background and knowledge of treatment plan presentations and CDT code.
Minimum of 3 years of work experience is recommended.
Computer Proficiency: Comfortable in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Education: High School Degree -- Required
Refer a dentist and earn up to $5,000!
Kool Smiles is always seeking out new talent, especially those who strive to make a difference in the lives of families. Do you know a dentist who would be a great fit for our team?REFER A DENTIST TODAY!