Here at Kool Smiles, our teams don't just shape smiles -- they shape the lives of families every single day. Working at Kool Smiles means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with a child. We are the nation's leader in general dental care to underserved kids, teens, and adults. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently, Kool Smiles is operating in over 125 locations, with more opening every year. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Kool Smiles is looking for a Patient Coordinator ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Kool Smiles is more than just a job. Kool Smiles is not your typical dentist office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Patient Coordinator is responsible for providing quality customer service to patients and parents at check-in and check-out as well as responsible for verifying patient insurance eligibility and service limits.
• Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
• Greet parents and patients when they enter or leave the office
• Ensure parents who are waiting are kept informed of the progress of their appointment or child
• Maintain a clean and tidy waiting area and front desk area
• Verify patient insurance eligibility prior to appointment and ensure information is correct in the patient's Boomerang file
• Ensure service limits are recorded and communicated with the clinical team prior to treating the patient
• Ensure all patient files are ready (pull file, update patient record, verify insurance and service limits) before the patient's appointment
• Coordinate with Clinical Team Leader and Doctors to provide the opportunity for same day care to patients
• Assist with meeting office financial targets by ensuring the hygiene and operative schedules are full
• Schedule follow-up operatory and six month recall appointments for patients
• Answer incoming calls and direct the caller to the proper person, taking messages when necessary
• Ensure our patients are receiving the dental care they need by making outbound calls to confirm patients, to reschedule patients that do not make their appointment, and to call patients that have treatment that needs to be completed
• Ensure all patient records are re-filed at the end of the day
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Kool Smiles
• Assist with other office duties as needed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• High focus on customer service and satisfaction
• Must love working with children
• Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
• Integrity, always doing the right thing
• Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
• Attention to detail
• Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
• Professional manner and appearance at all times
• Computer skills: Microsoft office and Internet Explorer
• Telephone skills: Proper telephone etiquette and information gathering skills
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
• One year office experience in a dentist's or physician's office
• Experience with children's dentistry
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents and staff. Ability to operate a computer, keyboard and standard office equipment. Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs, and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth opportunities to our full --time employees. Kool Smiles benefits include: medical, dental, vision and optional life insurance. We also offer short and long term disability, 401K, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much much more!
Kool Smiles team members find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at their job. Do you?
Refer a dentist and earn up to $5,000!
Kool Smiles is always seeking out new talent, especially those who strive to make a difference in the lives of families. Do you know a dentist who would be a great fit for our team?REFER A DENTIST TODAY!